Monday, March 26, 2012

Heart of Palm.... YUMMY.....

Today I learned something from a co-worker. She came out with a can of Hearts of Palm.  I said, what the heck is that?  She said, "You have to try these."  Reluctantly I did, and I am glad.  I pulled out a chunk of white, meaty, vegetable substance, that has the consistence and texture of Crab Meat.  A unique flavor, that I think because of the texture reminded me of Crab Meat..

Michelle stated it works great as a snack, or cut up on a salad.  The nutritional details are great and a healthy choice.  If you do a little research, you will find some amazing recipes. 

Give it a try, you will like it.  Trust me.  You can find in your  grocer near the artichoke hearts.  Either canned, or jarred.

Here is an interesting video on how Hearts of Palm are made...

Thanks MP....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Xck6FjmV4


No comments:

Post a Comment