This is one of my favorites.. Thanks U of New Hamp.2-3 servings
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb. scallops
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 TBS. olive oil
- 1 pkg. (~10 oz.) frozen, chopped broccoli
- 1 can chicken broth (or 1 1⁄2 cups water with bouillon)
- 2 TBS. soy sauce
- Cut scallops in half.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet on low heat. Add mushrooms and cook over medium heat until tender (5 minutes).
- Stir in scallops and broccoli. Cook, stirring frequently, until scallops are white (3-4 minutes).
- In a bowl, combine chicken broth and cornstarch; mix until smooth. Add soy sauce to chicken broth mixture.
- Stir chicken broth mixture into scallops and broccoli.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute.
- Serve over rice or pasta or spinach.
Use chicken, shrimp or beef instead of scallops.
If you use regular fresh spinach instead of baby spinach, take a minute to remove the tough stems.
Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.