Following come from www.fatfreekitchen.com
- Fat Burning Fruits rich in vitamin C - Citrus Fruits: like limes, lemons, oranges, guava, grapefruit, papaya, sweet lime, tangerines and tomatoes are rich in Vitamin C and fibre and have fat burning properties so they may be called as fat burners or fat fighters.
Vitamin C helps the body process fat faster and also stimulates the carnitine amino acid which speeds up the body's fat-burning capacity.
Vitamin C dilutes the fat and makes it less effective and helps in releasing the fat from the body.
- Apples: Pectin in apple restricts the cells to absorb the fat; and also encourages water absorption from the food which helps in releasing the fat deposits from the body. The antioxidants in apples may help prevent metabolic syndrome, a condition marked by excess belly fat or an apple body shape.
- Calcium Rich Dairy Products: Calcium rich foods
like dairy products - milk, cheese and yogurt are good at fat burning
that can boost weight loss by increasing fat breakdown in fat cells.
According to Professor Michael Zemel at the University of Tennessee in
Knoxville, (Obesity Research, April 2004; vol 12; pp 582-590), a
dairy-rich diet with same calorie restriction can nearly double the rate
of weight and fat loss. Eating 3-4 servings of dairy products a day is
more effective at enhancing weight loss efforts than calcium supplementation alone.
The researchers found:
Overweight people who consumed 3 servings a day of calcium-rich dairy lost more belly fat than those who followed a similar diet minus two or more of the dairy servings. The calcium supplements didn't work as well as milk.
- Nuts help feel full while also increasing the body's ability to burn fat, says author Jordi Salas-Salvado of the University of Rovira i Virgili in Reus, Spain.
- Fat Burning Vegetables: Chilies: Foods containing chilies or cayanne pepper are considered as foods that burn fat. Chilies contain capsaicin that helps in increasing the metabolism. Capsaicin is a thermogenic food, so it causes the body to burn extra calories for 20 minutes after you eat the chilies.
- Cardamom: Cardamom is a thermogenic herb like Capsaicin that increases metabolism and helps burn body fat.
- Curry leaves (Curry Patta): Curry leaves flush out fat and toxins, reducing fat deposits in the body.
- Fat Burning Vegetables: Garlic: Garlic contains the anti-bacterial sulphur compound allicin which helps reduce cholesterol and unhealthy fats, making it an effective fat burning food.
- Fat Burning Vegetables: Cabbage: Cabbage, raw or cooked inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat, making it good for weight reduction.
- Proteins: Protein rich foods and high fiber foods
are best foods burning belly fat. Protein needs more energy to digest
than fat so eat low calorie dairy products, beans, whole grains,
oatmeal, eggs, etc. as much as possible. Eggs contain vitamin B12, which
helps the body in breaking down and burning the fat.
Lentils are high in protein and soluble fiber, two nutrients that stabilize blood sugar levels, therefore lentils are a great tummy flattener," according to Tanya Zuckerbrot, R.D., author of The F-Factor Diet.
- Green Tea: Studies show that green tea revs up your metabolism, so drink several cups a day.
- Fish oil: Fish oil supplements are a great way to shed pounds. A recent study found that fish oil is great for helping your body burn fat more efficiently.
- Some of the other foods that may be included in the list of fat burnign foods are asparagus, beet root, broccoli, cabbage, carrot, Chilies, beans, soybeans, sweet potatoes, blueberries and watermelon.
- Honey: Honey mobilises the extra fat deposits in the body.
- Avoid Salt and Sugar: Avoiding salt and sugar can shape you up very fast.